Portrait Of the Artist As a Disagreeable Middle-Aged Man
Sooner or later, every artist gets so desperate for material that he paints his own horrible self. Vincent van Gogh and Rembrandt painted countless self-portraits: Vincent did so because he had no money for models; and Rembrandt did so because he had lots of funny hats, and he wanted to show them off.
I have lots of funny hats, too. This Panama hat—did you know they come from Ecuador?—is probably my favorite. The werewolf cane I imported from the Carpathian Mountains, around Transylvania.
I buy my clothes from the homeless, but I never cut corners on accessories.
36 Notes/ Hide
- buttnakedd likes this
- takearazortoyourhead likes this
- vanfullersublime reblogged this from vanfullersublime
- disclosur likes this
- mayerwar likes this
- vladimirnootin likes this
- teois42 likes this
- docmartn likes this
- capitainecygne reblogged this from vanfullersublime
- mortifiedandawesome reblogged this from vanfullersublime
- mortifiedandawesome likes this
- wayangfotos likes this
- bayharborbitcher likes this
- whyisaravenlikeawritingdesk13 reblogged this from vanfullersublime
- whyisaravenlikeawritingdesk13 likes this
- mrstofer likes this
- fain-would-i-climb likes this
- greatgdean likes this
- for-redheads likes this
- feral-human likes this
- judyschu likes this
- only-conservative-here likes this
- justanotherconservative reblogged this from vanfullersublime
- justanotherconservative likes this
- granleccatore likes this
- the-ick-vault said: Indeed … an eccentric cantankerous ol’ fart…we love ya.
- cocobijoulala likes this